FAQ: The Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in applying for the LajuandaSpeaks.com fellowship. Have questions? Hopefully, we have the answers below.
This fellowship program is a 12-week experiential learning program designed to identify and grow talented leaders while giving them the opportunity to apply their skills and passions to emerging brands in innovation and technology.
Operations, Research, Marketing & Communications, Event Production, and Business Development
Fellowship Dates: Feb 14 - May 9
Application Deadline: Feb 2
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If the following sounds like you, this could be a good fit.
- You are a doer.
- You are eager to learn.
- You grind hard in a fast-paced environment, and you love it.
- You are a resourceful problem solver. Some might even call you “scrappy.”
- You can’t get enough of the details.
- You have a good sense of humor. Maybe even “odd.” 😃
- You are excited to help build new and amazing things from scratch.
- You strive for win-win-win situations. When problems arise, you start with, “Ok, how can we fix this?”
- You are a smart and compassionate human being.
What are the perks of this fellowship?
There are many benefits to this fellowship, including exposure to diverse professional environments, professional development through personal mentoring and resume development sessions, and direct access to a global network. Below are a few additional things we think you'll enjoy.
- Hands-on learning and real-world experience
- Super fun, casual work environment
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Flexible hours and ability to work remotely
- Possibility of obtaining school credit for your work
- Opportunity to obtain stellar letters of recommendation
- Access to global network of industry leaders and innovators
What qualifications DOES the fellowship REQUIRE?
This fellowship is aimed at being the ultimate learning experience. So while we do not require specific job experience, successful applicants will have a combination of the following qualifications:
- You are a student, recent grad, or prefer hands-on learning to school
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills
- Solid follow-up skills. You follow through on all tasks and communicate proactively
- Tech savvy -- able to quickly learn and embrace new technologies
- Fun to work with, enthusiastic, people person. Must excel in a small team environment
- Startup experience is a plus, but not required
- Exceptional online research skills. You know to look things up and figure things out.
- Excellent customer service skills or client relations experience
Is this fellowship paid?
While this fellowship is currently unpaid, successful applicants will obtain valuable experiential learning that includes an insightful mentor, resume/bio/LinkedIn development, access to a global network, professional recommendations, and exposure to the tech ecosystem in Silicon Valley, Nigeria, and beyond.
How many hours are required?
Fellows are required to complete at least 10 hours per week.
Do I have to LIVE in the San Francisco Bay Area?
No, we are a global team. However, if you are based elsewhere, you must be a dedicated go-getter who follows through on their commitments and can manage their own time.
What if I cannot commit 10+ hours For the full 12 weeks?
While we strongly prefer candidates who are going to stick it out to the end, we can be flexible depending on the situation. Please send an email describing your specific circumstances to email@example.com to inquire.
MAY I receive college OR UNIVERSITY credit?
Yes, you may receive course credit for your fellowship work.